Sunday, March 29, 2009

some illustrations...

Here are some pictures to illustrate the last few months a little. I must confess that all of these have been stolen from other people because I have been woefully delinquent in my picture taking lately.

Mom, Dad, Melody and I in Bath in February

(if we are going in chronological order, this picture should technically be further down, but it ended up at the top and I can't be bothered to redo everything - grr... obnoxious website)


Walking to college along Willow Walk in the beginning of January


A couple of weeks later, we ended up getting the most snow Oxfordshire has seen in something like 18 years.


Willow Walk in the snow



Snowball fight in the car park (parking lot) at college. Mike is getting ready to hit Simon, our principal.


Hanging out at one of the student houses


Wantage town center, where I have my church placement.


The statue of King Alfred in Wantage town center. He supposed to have been born in Wantage.


Walking along the Thames (technically called the Isis in Oxford) with Melody when she, Mom and Dad came out to visit in February.


Carfax Tower in Oxford - This is what everyone uses as a reference point for giving directions around the center of Oxford.


Walking along Willow Walk with Mom and Melody (I am absolutely exhausted after just finishing clearing up after the Salt & Light European Leaders Conference)


Getting an excellent tour of Oxford from my friend Paul

One of the girls at college had a fancy dress party (costume party) for her birthday.
I went as Pebbles Flinstone.

Matty, one of the other KBC students, went as a French skier and amused us all with his drawn-on mustache and sketchy French accent.

*************

COMING SOON - photos from an afternoon stroll around The Devil's Punchbowl

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Hannah, I love seeing your pictures and reading up on what you've been up to...it is OH SO BEAUTIFUL there!!! :) miss you!