Wednesday, October 15, 2008

American Culture - I'm spreading it like the plague!

Just a quick post while I stand in our kitchen, waiting for my cookies to cool...

So for all of you people back home, yes I am keeping track of the Sox (and holding my breath tonight - well not literally, because I'll be asleep by the time the game starts) On Monday night the game started at 4:37 EST - so it was 9:37 our time instead of 1am like it has been for all the other games. One of the guys here was able to get the game on his computer by some miracle of downloading (he says it's legal...) so I was able to watch the first few innings. I was surprised at how nice it was to see Fenway Park again - a little taste of home! I was literally bouncing up and down. :) I spent most of the time trying to explain baseball to the British guys, but was paying enough attention to see Lester give up 5 runs. Yeah, not the best innings to watch - but I am glad I got to see some.

Along the sports line, on Saturday a group of us played American football and I got a huge ego boost when I discovered that I can throw better spirals than the British guys. Not farther, but better! Thank you Ben Creisher for teaching me how to throw a spiral one recess back in 10th grade!

My last little bit of American culture is that I just made a ton of Snickerdoodles! I have already won the girls in my house over to believe that Snickerdoodles really are the best cookie ever created. I am going to bring the rest over to the guys' house where we are having dinner tonight and hopefully spread the love a little more. Muhahahaha!!! Just a little less distinction between England and America!

No comments: