Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It's snowing in Walsall!


Yes, I meant that. Not Warsaw - Walsall. And it really is snowing! Ok, actually I just looked outside and I think it has stopped. But it did snow gigantic flakes for an hour or two and accumulated a couple of inches on the ground. Snow in October would be newsworthy in Massachusetts and is nothing short of amazing in England.


So to backtrack a little, I am in Walsall for reading week, staying with my friend Abby and the family that she is living with this year - Erin and Dan and their 3 boys. Sam and Ethan are twin 6 year olds and Judah is 3. (By the way, the picture is of Ethan as he is walking out the door to go play in the snow.)

~ ~ ~ ~

Ok, I just took a little break to get little Judah into his pajamas, but now I'm back. So as I was saying, I'm here through Thursday and then I go to Gloucester to visit my friend Mike from KBC and then we'll catch the train back to Oxford on Friday. I have to admit that my schedule is not the most conducive to reading, but I am doing the best I can in that department - and having lots of fun in the meantime! Being in a house with little boys is an especial treat and I am trying to soak up as much of the random silliness and cuteness as I possibly can. I am also really enjoying the adults in the house - lots of good talks about books and economic systems and just processing stuff from Bible college.


Ok, it's almost dinner time and the bedlam in the kitchen is reaching a fevered pitch, so I'm going to stop for now. More will come later!

1 comment:

Helen said...

Ahem... I think someone needs to update her blog! Happy Birthday :)